Technology Safety & Privacy: A Toolkit for Survivors
The following resources contains safety tips, information, and privacy strategies for survivors on the use of technology.
General Technology Safety
- Documentation Tips for Survivors
- Technology Safety Plan
- Technology Safety Quick Tips
- Top 10 Privacy Tips
- Video: How to Take a Screenshot
- 12 Tips on Cell Phone Safety & Privacy
- Cell Phone Location, Privacy, and Intimate Partner Violence
- Cell Phone Safety Plan
- iPhone Privacy & Security Guide
- Video: How to Limit Location Access on a Smart Phone
- Video: How to Put a Passcode on Your Smart Phone
Online Safety & Privacy
- Being Web Wise
- Images, Consent, and Abuse
- Online Privacy & Safety Tips
- Password Safety
- People Searches & Data Brokers
- Privacy Considerations When Posting Content Online
- Internet Browser Privacy Tips
- Facebook Privacy & Safety: A Guide for Survivors of Abuse
- Video Series: Online Privacy & Safety
- Safety & Privacy on Twitter: A guide for survivors of harassment and abuse
Apps (For smartphones and tablets)
DEVICES & HARDWARE
Get Help Now
If you are in immediate danger, please call 911. If you need to talk to someone about domestic violence, sexual assault, or trafficking abuse, call the following national hotlines.
National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233.
National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673
National Human Trafficking Resource Center at 1-888-373-7888
The creation of this toolkit was made possible by US DOJ-OVC Grant #2011-VF-GX-K016. Opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this toolkit are the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of DOJ.